Effortless Nappy Washing Instructions
Here are some easy to follow washing instructions for your new modern cloth nappies.
- Remove all solids – flush down the toilet. If using bamboo liners place into bin.
- Give the nappy a quick rinse before storing in a dry nappy bucket. Do not place into a bucket of water as this will decrease the life of the fabric and elastics. It is also a drowning hazard for your baby. A dry bucket will help prevent staining, cut down on smell, and stop potential fabric damage from acidic wee.
- Once you have enough nappies to complete a wash, run your nappies through the following wash cycle –
- Warm pre-rinse – this will remove any excess urine or soiling before the wash cycle
- Normal – Long wash cycle between 40⁰C-60⁰C using the amount of detergent recommended by the detergent manufacturer based on the load size and water level. Generally ¾-1 scoop per wash cycle. It is not necessary to add extra laundry detergent.
- Dry on the line for best results. To help preserve the elastics please hang sideways. Sun light is great for sanitising the nappies but leaving the nappies in the sun in extreme heat will destroy the waterproof lining in the nappies. Nappy boosters can be tumble dried, however nappies cannot.
It is recommended you don’t leave your nappies for more than 2 days to prevent staining, damage to fabric, bacteria build up and mould.